Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Mambo get McNaughty for another summer!

Erin with Mambo CEO Angus Kingsmill & fellow 'Mambassador' Luke Cheadle

"Last season Mambo's womenswear department found their ultimate Mambo Goddess in former Miss Australia Erin McNaught, whose cheeky, good time gal image makes her perfect in Kingsmill's eyes. So perfect in fact that they've signed the "healthy Aussie woman with a bit of ‘tude" again to rep the brand this Summer. "It’s looking like it’ll be a big year," McNaught comments, adding with a laugh that she's been "trying to gear up" a bit of travel with the brand to follow their international expansion.

"I grew up in Queensland and spent half my life at the beach, and now I live in Bondi and I'm down there every day," McNaught tells me over the phone. "Mambo is a brand that’s synonymous with Australian beach culture, and that’s me as well." The model confesses that her style "never really changes". "I don't put much thought into it, you know… just really cute cut off denim shorts, cropped teeshirts - Mambo are doing great ones -  that are really cool this season, or a floaty summer dress… That’s why Mambo are so good: they make really cute little basics."

To read the full artcile visit The Vine